Chapel Our Lady of Fatima
The church was the first temple in flagstones built in Brasilia, inaugurates in June 28, 1958 has a rectangular plant and a slab roof sloping slightly in a curve. Niemeyer´s idea was to make a nun´s hat. On the outside the white and blue tiles of Athos Bulcão stand out, representing the Holy Spirit and the Star of the Nativity, which are repeated creating harmonious ensemble integrated to the architectural work and which refers to the roots of the Brazilian colonial period, without losing its modernity. It was built to fulfill a promise made by the first lady Sarah Kubitscheck.